Ancient Wisdom and Occult Truth
Factual information and study for the serious seeker after Truth
It is our hope that this website will provide the serious seeker after Truth with factual information and study materials to guide their feet on the path to the Light, whether they are now in the darkness or the twilight. We claim no mysterious predecessors, titles or qualifications. We do not promote any particular religion, creed or agenda. Nor are we selling anything for commercial gain. Our ONLY aim is to make genuine, sincere seekers aware of the Ancient Wisdom and Occult Truth which has been taught by all the great Teachers, Messengers and Philosophers of the past. You can read more about the Ancient Wisdom in the sidebar on your right. Although there still exist a very few mystery schools which have preserved some of the Ancient Wisdom, we know of only one truly great Secret Occult Order which has revived these Teachings in their entirety in modern times—see banner below.
The following metaphysical investigations are based on Occult Enigmas by J Michaud PhD, first published in 1939 and now virtually unobtainable. These ten unique articles present the true facts of occult science with clarity and simplicity all can understand. They rest upon the firm foundation of the Ancient Wisdom—gathered together over untold thousands of years by the Sages and Philosophers of both East and West. What distinguishes these Investigations from the mass of material purporting to teach the 'ancient mysteries' is that they make no misleading or fantastic claims, such as we may find in the writings of the various modern 'gurus' 'channelers' and psychics, who have the audacity to meddle with the age old Wisdom by superimposing upon it the unhealthy imaginings of their own untrained minds. Each article provides wide-ranging discussions of, and clear answers to, some of the mysteries which confront the genuine seeker after Truth—answers which are hard to find; many of which are now made freely available for the very first time on the Internet.
If you wish to reap the fullest personal benefit from these investigations, we suggest that you read and study them in the following consecutive order:
- The path to the Light—learning the meaning and truth of existence.
- The Occult Jungle—dangers for the unwary and inexperienced seeker.
- Karma explained—demystifying its doctrine and dogma.
- Reincarnation—the truth about reincarnation and previous lives.
- Evolution—Material and Spiritual evolution compared and explored.
- Intelligence—the nature of intellect, instinct and intuition.
- The Astral World—what it is and what it isn't.
- Optimism versus Faith—why the two should never be confused.
- Magic—what Magic, Mysticism, Occultism and Religion really are.
- Alchemy—the science that unlocks the doors of Divine Wisdom.
Each of these metaphysical investigations focuses on one or more questions asked by occult students which we have endeavoured to answer in the frankest possible manner according to our sincere convictions: convictions which are the result of a lifetime of earnest research and study of the occult sciences, many disappointments, many surprises, glad and sad, and a certain amount of distaste for the wrong teachings, false claims and "New Age" nonsense disseminated by so many so-called teachers of the occult. Many such teachers mean well, but only succeed in leading their students into even deeper confusion. Truly, the road to Hell is paved with such "good" intentions.
Occult Studies articles
In addition to the metaphysical investigations listed above, we have also published further articles which we hope will be of interest to the sincere seeker, whether they are just beginning their study of occultism or are experienced mystics. These can either be read on their own, or in combination with our metaphysical investigations.
These unique articles are not available anywhere else on the Internet.
- Losing your way—how to discriminate between truth and lies, half-truths and fantasy.
- Esotericism in the Bible—John Templeton investigates the hidden meaning in the Bible story of the Nativity.
- Advice to a seeker—adapted from The Quest of Ruru by J Michaud PhD.
- Searching for Truth—the true story of one man's personal journey of spiritual discovery.
- Why study Occult Science?—learning the plan and meaning of Life.
- Occult Study and meditation—hints and tips for the sincere and serious occult student.
- Occult FAQ—frequently asked questions about the Occult answered simply and clearly.
- Discover the greatest book of Wisdom ever written—adapted from a short story—The Rhododendrons—by J Michaud PhD.
- The True Gospel of Chrishna-Jeseus—the life and occult teachings of Krishna—the Holy Hindu Saviour and prototype of Christ.
- Illuminati—have we been misled and misinformed?
- Letter from a Master to his pupil—a warning to those who imagine they can become an adept in the Occult Sciences in a few short weeks or months.
- Occult Books reviewed—that contain real knowledge and truth.
- The True Teacher—is progress possible in occult studies without a true guide or teacher?
- New Age Nonsense—New Age speculation and fantasy versus the FACTS of Occult Science.
- The dangers of séances—What really happens at Spiritualistic séances.
- Body, Mind, Soul & Spirit—what do these words really mean?
- Where do the Dead go?—the answer may surprise you!
- Religious quotes and occult maxims—to inspire and enlighten.
- Wisdom on the Web—where to find Truth on the Internet.
- 21 December 2012—we investigate the claims that this date triggered a "pole shift in our collective consciousness".
- End of the world?—why the apocalypse predicted by a Tibetan 'monk' failed to occur on 21 December 2012.
About Occult Mysteries
The authors of this website are advanced students of the Mysteries who have come together to re-state the age-old Wisdom Teachings. We have chosen to remain anonymous for two reasons. Firstly, because these are NOT 'our' Teachings; they belong to ALL and are as old as man. We have simply attempted to gather some fragments of the age-old Wisdom together and present it in a modern way. Secondly, because earthly personalities are of no importance. Or to put it another way, it is what is written that is important, not who wrote it.
There is no doubt in our minds that some of our statements, and the manner in which we make them at times, will arouse much opposition. That will be very good if it leads to an opening of those eyes which are often wholly blind to all Truth; being blinded by the dazzling ways, manners, and pompous attitudes of self-styled "masters", "gurus" and other pretenders to occult knowledge and truth, who, with their portentous pronouncements of utter nonsense, confuse and mislead the poor individuals who believe that they are learning the greatest occult mysteries and secrets—until the day of disillusion arrives...
None of the content of this website should be regarded as providing complete information upon any of the occult mysteries and subjects we discuss. Our main purpose is to encourage you to seek further enlightenment from the many sources we refer to throughout the site. Some of our content is based on the works of H. P. Blavatsky and J Michaud PhD, to whom the World owes a debt so great that it can never be repaid—except with deepest respect and gratitude for the wonderful service they have rendered to Mankind in reviving the ancient Wisdom. We have essayed the almost impossible task of giving the name of every author whose words we have quoted; but to supply a complete list would turn this website into a catalogue! We therefore ask our readers' indulgence in this and all the rest.
And now a word about the pictures we have used. With few exceptions these are all the work of Gustav Doré, the great 19th Century French Artist, whose sublime illustrations reveal the hand of Divine inspiration in every line. We would like to think he would not entirely disapprove of the use to which we have put them, nor the colouration which we have added.
Finally, this website is a not-for-profit, non-commercial venture with no financial or commercial interest in any of the books or external websites we review and recommend. We receive no remuneration whatsoever from this website which is paid for by charitable donations. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Contact Occult Mysteries
We regret that we cannot enter into any discussion of the merits or demerits of this or that occult school, group or sect which you may be a member of, or have encountered on the Internet, so please do not write to us about this. Nor do we have any desire to enter into arguments or discussions about the content of this website, so please do not write to us about this either. Let it be plainly understood, however, that whatever we say, has not been set down in malice, or bitterness of heart or mind. On the contrary. It is our sincere hope that this website may contain some message that will assist you on your path to the Light; whether you are now in darkness, or in the twilight.
If you would like to contact us for any GENUINE reason, you can do so by clicking the CONTACT link to be found at the bottom of every page.
A word to the Vulgar
What you will not find on this website
If you have stumbled upon this website whilst searching for occult thrills, black magic, rituals, spells witches, warlocks, vampires, werewolves, secret cults, sects, satanism, and similar rubbish, dross and sweepings considered 'occult' in the popular imagination, you will NOT find them here—so please move on!